pondělí 30. července 2012

The "Dream"


 Reposting this because I've been getting too many emails about deleting it. I know this makes me sound  completely mad or on crack, it's all good.

*I suggest you read this and this first if you want this post to make any sense
  
  I don’t know if it’s the drugs, my mental state or that I just miss him, but lately I’ve been having constant dreams about Sunny, which is a HUGE change from my nightmares. I never see him in my dreams, all I see is blackness. I hear his voice echoing, telling me that he needs me, and asking me to come see him. I always ask how I’m supposed to come see him, and he just replies “Am I allowed?”, but at that point I wake up.
  
At one point my entire flat went freezing cold, the air felt like water. My roommate could feel it too; the air seemed to have a life of itself. It was as if it was breathing. That night I dreamt of Sunny again, this time he just kept repeating that he was sorry, that he shouldn’t be bothering me.

  Going to the Olympic opening ceremony probably wasn’t the best idea because I have epilepsy. It didn’t really hit me until I got back to my hotel. I always know when I’m about to have a seizure, so I tried to make my way to my bed. I was extremely dizzy, the entire room was spinning and everything seemed to move in slow motion. Apparently I hit the ground a few steps before I reached the door to the bedroom, but I don’t remember that. Usually everything would go black or cloudy, but this time it didn’t. I had no idea anything had actually happened…I just felt like someone hit me in the stomach and I got winded, a huge cloud of white dust came out of my mouth and faded into the air. Since there was no other change, I continued on my way to the door. 

  I heard sounds behind me and turned around before I reached the door. Everything around me seemed to just be…hazy. The furniture didn’t seem to really be there, it was as if everything was just air…ghostly. I saw my boyfriend and Ben, more in ghostly form…like dust, bend down to the ground and start panicking, calling my name. Their voices came out as echoes, like they were a million miles away. I moved forwards to touch my boyfriends shoulder and ask what was wrong, but my hand seemed to just go through him. At my “touch” he jumped and looked around, but went back to whatever was on the floor just a moment later. I found out later that my body was on the floor.

  I decided to continue my way towards the bedroom door, thinking I was, once again, just losing my mind. When I opened the door a breeze hit my face, and sun almost blinded me. I stepped into what was beyond the door, and it slammed behind me...but the door didn’t disappear this time. It took me a moment to take in my surroundings; I was still extremely dazed and confused. I realized I was standing in grass, the greenest grass I had ever seen. The door I came in from wasn’t held by walls, it was standing alone. The door was in a valley full of flowers, it seemed to rest on a hill. Beyond the valley was a forest...the forest wasn’t dark and intimidating, it was inviting and warm. The trees looked surreal, massive with branches that looped and curl around, the roots coming out of the ground thick, creating patterns on the forest floor. The trees were a magnificent shade of green, not one leaf out of place. It wasn’t a rain forest, but the trees looked big enough to belong in one. A dirt path went through the center of the forest, leading to the mountains behind it. The mountains were huge; snow at the top. They looked like the mountains you would find in New Zealand, magnificent and surreal. The sky was the most beautiful shade of blue I had ever seen, the clouds big and fluffy. The air was so clean that it almost burned my nose.

  I chose to walk the opposite way of the forest, through the valley and the long grass. I felt something pushing me to move, I absolutely couldn’t stay there, and decided that if I went through the forest I would have to climb a mountain if I wanted to keep going. I finally reached the end of the long grass and found myself atop a hill, overlooking a body of water. There were mountains enclosing the water in a circular shape, with a space between them opposite the side of the beach, where the body of water seemed to connect to an ocean. Vines climbed the sides of the mountains. The sun was setting in the opening, giving the turquoise water streaks of orange and pink. It’s almost impossible to explain, but I have never seen just a beautiful sight. 

  Across from the opening in the mountains was what seemed to be a shipyard. The wooden dock looked like it could house about 5 massive ships, but there was only one. The boat was old looking, and looked like it could belong to pirates. The sails blew like silk in the breeze. Sitting on the edge of the dock looking towards the ocean was a blonde head…that was no doubt Sunny's.

  I raced down the hill towards the dock, constantly falling, but never hurting myself. I should have broken my neck by the way I was falling, but it didn’t hurt at all. I was bare foot, but didn’t cut myself on any of the rocks below me. The land ahead of me seemed to shorten so I arrived more quickly than I should have.
When I reached the dock Sunny was sitting on I stopped running, hesitating. I moved slowly towards him. When I was just a few feet behind him I stopped, I could barely breathe. Having a chance to see the person I care about more than anything was…overwhelming. I tried gathering my thoughts, it had to be a dream but it was so clear and I was so…aware. 

  He was the first to talk. He didn’t look at me and said “Do you think I should go?” I tried to gather myself and not freak out like the last time, not wanting to ruin my chance of seeing him again, so I sat down beside him on the edge of the dock. The water didn’t feel like…water. It felt like silk and didn’t seem to get my feet wet. Sunny looked…perfect. His skin once again looked like porcelain, but this time it had life in it. His eyes were like glass. He looked literally flawless, not a hair was out of place. When I went to grab his hand, it felt like skin unlike the last time…but mine didn’t. This time I was the one with glass skin.

  I asked him where he was thinking of going. He just turned his head to the boat. I asked him where the boat was going, and he pointed toward to the space in the mountains, where the sun was setting and the water never seemed to end. I asked him what was there, he just shrugged and replied “Beyond.” He told me he was meant to go there, move on. He had no idea what was there…but it was better. I asked him if it was heaven, and he just smiled at me. I asked him where we were if heaven was beyond the mountains. He just shrugged and told me it changed a lot, the landscape in some areas would turn into something different and people would visit. The dock and the boat never changed, they were always there. 

  Naturally, I asked if I was dreaming. He told me this was real, but I wasn’t really there, he was though. That’s why my skin felt like porcelain, I was an empty vessel. Only parts of me were there. I asked him if I was dead, he just laughed and said no, he was just borrowing me. 

  I asked him why he didn’t get on the boat after all this time; he told me he didn’t want to leave me. He said he knew how I was doing and part of him still lived while he was there, but he didn’t know what would happen if he got on the boat. All he knew was that he would die if he got on the boat, and wouldn’t be a part of the physical world anymore.  When Sunny started to cry the sun suddenly went fully down, and the moon appeared. Storm clouds came in and it started to rain. The rain wasn’t miserable though. It was warm and was more like a blanket than cold nothing. 

  He once again asked me if he should get on the boat, I told him that he should. The rain started to pour, harder than I’d ever seen it rain. Lightening struck close by and waves started to for, in the ocean. Sunny seemed angry, and started asking me if I wanted to forget him, if I wanted him to die, if I was over him. I told him that he should go because it was best for him, and that it would be impossible for me to forget him. All of a sudden the sky cleared, the dark clouds seemed to be sucked away and the sun replaced the moon.
He told me that he didn’t want to go without me, he was afraid we wouldn’t be able to find each other again. I promised that we would. He just sighed and started asking me about our daughter and what I was doing with my life. I tried asking him about where we were, but he once again avoided it, explaining that he didn’t have life therefore it wasn’t relevant. 

  We sat there for what seemed like hours. The sun didn’t go fully down, nor did it rise. It seemed to be permanently in sunset position, luring us out into the ocean. 

  Sunny told me that he was sorry for bringing me there, that he wasn’t allowed to do such things. He knew that he should let me move on, but like me, he couldn’t let go. I told him that I don’t mind. This place I was in was perfect; it brought a sense of calm over me. I could have easily stayed there for eternity, not even exploring the rest of the place, I’m sure I would have been content just staying on the dock with him.

Finally, Sunny told me that he should bring me back. I told him that I didn’t want to go back, he told me that I couldn’t stay because I wasn’t dead, I was just in-between. Reluctantly, I followed him back up the hill and away from the water. In my head I kept wishing we would never arrive, every time I did so the ground seemed to stretch out more, making the trip to our destination last for hours. Sunny seemed to know what I was doing, and just apologized. He climbed on my back and I carried him the rest of the way. He didn’t weigh anything, so it wasn’t difficult to climb over the rocks. 

  When we reached the door we both hesitated. I heard Sunny’s voice in my head asking me not to go, but he was telling me to open the door in “reality”. I kissed him before I left, and he asked me if I wanted him to prove this wasn’t a dream like the last time. Obviously, I said yes. He told me to call his mum when I woke up, and to ask her to look inside of a vent in his bedroom, he had hid a note there when he was 10 years old. I explained that his mum refused to talk to me, and would never answer one of my calls. He just laughed and promised he’d ask her to. 

  He hugged me one last time, humming a song from years ago that he used to like in my ear, and pushed me through the door. As soon as I stepped through Sunny and the place I was just in turned into wind and blew away. The door slammed shut and disappeared, I was left in darkness. 

  I woke up in the hospital. I had hit my head when I had my seizure and knocked myself out. My boyfriend was sitting beside me, asleep, listening to his iPod. I took one earphone out of his ear and put it in mine, trying to calm myself. It was the same song that Sunny had hummed to me before pushing me through the door. 

  I was completely convinced it was a dream since I had hit my head. It seemed so real, but I believed it wasn’t. When I got home I decided I had to prove to myself that it was a dream and called his mum. The phone rang eight times, I was about to hang up and be done with it, she NEVER answers my calls so this was typical, but before I could put it down I heard her answer and whisper my name, in disbelieve. I decided to just get straight to the point and asked her to find the note. She didn’t question me, and I heard her running up the stairs, then tearing his room apart. After about ten minutes I heard her gasp and break down crying.  I asked if it was there…it had been EXACTLY where he said it would be. I asked her what it said…

“I’m never want to leave this place”

I’m sure everyone is just going to think I’m insane, once again, after reading this, but whatever. It could have just been a dream and the note a coincidence, I’m not saying it’s not, but I believe it actually happened.